We (finally) made it to Chiang Mai! Its so great to be back!
This weekend is the Loi Krathong festival; everyone makes a small boat out of banana leaves, bamboo, flowers, candles and insense and they float it away down the river. The festival is a way to say a "thank you" to the river for sustaining the city and washing away bad energy. Its quite beautiful to sit and watch all the hundreds of the sweet smelling little boats float past...
After that, almost everyone runs around in the streets playing with firecrackers and sending huge paper lanterns high up into the sky that glow like hundreds of gigantic stars against the black sky...
I start pattern making and tailoring school on Tuesday at the Uuang Doi Dressmakers School; I can't wait!
Today I am going to meet up with a real estate agent to look for an apartment/condo, cos I need a real place to live. A hotel just doesn't count.
More later....
~Leah
mai pen rai is Thai for "no worries"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
All I can say is AMAZING. I am beyond super excited for you!!! I look forward to seeing your designs walk down a runway :-) Love you guys- glad you are loving it :-)
The festival sounds amazing and beautiful. Actually, everything you've written about so far sounds great. Enjoy school! There's nothing like the energy that comes when you're in a learning environment. xo
Post a Comment