I am sitting in the lobby of our hotel in Bangkok, killing a few minutes until we go to the train station. We just got back from the supermarket with snacks for the spectacularly long 15 hour train ride up to Chiang Mai. We got fresh passion fruit juice, coconut milk caramels, dates, dragon eyes (really delicious fruit) and some oranges. Now all we have to worry about is getting our 5 thousand pounds of luggage on and off the train...haha.
So far the trip has been really good. Hong Kong was very interesting. It felt like I was somewhere in the middle of rural China, an ultra modern city and England all at once. I'd love to go back at some point, but I just don't like Chinese food, so it might be a while before I go back :-) Bangkok was insane, as usual. I think this is the 6th time I've been to the city, and every time it blows me away how chaotic it is, and yet everything seems to work out just fine.
Anyway, its time to head to the train station...
I can't wait to get back to Chiang Mai!
~Leah
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment